Trying to find variety in foods can be challenging. I have always enjoyed the challenge of trying to make different sauces and recipes to enjoy. As my dietary needs have evolved over the years, so has my creativity in the kitchen.
I was playing around trying to make an amazing “buddha bowl” sauce. I found a winner (after many trials) and I decided to make it into a tuna noodle dish which turned out to be a family favorite.
- 1 can wild caught albacore tuna
- 1/2 package of Wildwood organic firm (or extra firm) tofu
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4th cup cup olive oil
- 1/8th cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. onion
- 1 tsp. sea salt (add more as needed)
- Organic Rice Noodles ( I love health food Tinkyada Organic brown rice noodles)
- Veggies as desired (Peas, broccoli or other greens go really well with this meal)
Blend all ingredients together until a sauce is created. If it’s too thick, add extra water 1/4 cup at a time until consistency you desire.
Cook rice noodles and veggies separately per package directions.
Add sauce, tuna and veggies to your pan. Stir and enjoy!
Stephanie Grutz, ARNP, FNP-C
This recipe was made for the future cook-book Stephanie is currently working on.