I love zucchini and I love avocado, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about adding them both together in a warm soup dish. I was pleasantly surprised and I’ve been making it every Fall/Winter for many years now.
- 2 Zucchini, medium
- 1/2-1 Fresh Avocado
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 White onion, small
- 3 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable or Chicken stock
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini and sauté for another 5 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- Add the vegetable/chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in avocado, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Carefully blend the soup in batches until smooth using a blender, food processor or an immersion blender.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Stephanie Grutz, ARNP, FNP-C
This recipe was made for the future cookbook Stephanie is currently working on.