My most recent fascination has come from author and inspirational speaker, Gabrielle Bernstein. I read her newest book The Judgement Detox, and felt empowered by understanding where my judgements come from (hint: they are all internal self judgements).
What I quickly learned was that we all go throughout life creating judgements based on our past experiences, disappointments, fears, limiting beliefs, and more. It is easy to judge others, but looking at why we are judging and the root of our experiences can have a profound effect on our life.
Today I wanted to take some of Gabrielle’s teachings on finding our internal truths. She passes on her knowledge from her lineage of mentors she has learned from and through work from the great Yogi Bhajan, who came to America to help people find ways to navigate through the rapidly changing and confusing world we are constantly experiencing.
There are 5 main takeaways I want to talk about. You can also “Listen Here”
- Recognize the other person is YOU
- Remember when we are judging people, mad at people, or annoyed and in a hurry… Stop and remember that those people are us. We cannot see in others, what we do not see in ourselves.
- We should not separate ourselves or feel superior from others. We are not better, nor worse than anyone else.
- We have to understand with compassion or we will misunderstand the message the Universe is trying to give us.
- We truly do not know what another person has done to get to where they are in life, so we cannot judge them for where they are.
- There’s a way through EVERY block
- There are opportunities in all obstacles. Ask yourself, “what should I be learning in this moment”?
- “Obstacles are not roadblocks in our path, they are our path”. This statement was mind-opening for me. Our journey is beautifully perfect because of the obstacles, they are meant to be there to teach us an important lesson.
- Ask for guidance through tough situations. Allow yourself to sit and listen for answers. Daily meditation has had a profound impact on my life. I have received guidance and answers for some tough questions, just by sitting in silence and allowing my higher self to connect with the divine Universe.
- When the time is on you, just START and the pressure will stop
- You will start feeling relief when you just do what you are being called to do.
- Remember the motto, “when you are feeling helpless, help someone”.
- Start now. There’s no time to waste when you are being called to your destiny.
- Understand through compassion
- The time in this world has changed from a time of “me” to a time of “we” mentality.
- Time to ask “what can I give” vs “what can I get”.
- Every thought creates positive or negative energy/experiences.
- Every thought has energy. You are either increasing or decreasing the vibrations of this world with the thoughts you are thinking.
- Forgive yourself and others as frequently as possible.
- Vibrate the Cosmos and the Cosmos shall clear the path
- The more we sit in stillness, practice, and use our energy to lift our vibrations, the easier life becomes
- More Flow (love this word) beings to happen
- We are guided by our higher self on what to do, where to go, what to say
- Allowing us for a clearer path with more energy and vibration in your life
- What we need to say/do/feel will come through naturally when we are living in high vibration
I believe I’m on this planet for a bigger purpose. I have to constantly check my ego (fear or limiting thoughts) to see if I’m coming from a place of fear or love in my life. When I choose love, I know I’m on the correct path and that opportunities will be presented to me.
Stephanie Grutz, ARNP, FNP-C