Limiting Risks and Fighting Cancer:
Below you will find some helpful tips & preventative strategies from Dr. McKee’s book, ‘After Cancer Care: A Definitive Self-Care Guide to Getting and Staying Well for Patients after Cancer’.
1. Decrease Stress: Sounds so simple! But seriously, if your adrenals are getting ‘burned out’ and constantly working overtime, they will produce higher cortisol (stress hormone) levels all day, every day, and eventually will weaken your immune system and increase your risk for cancer.
2. Get rid of mold: Smell mildew or chemicals in your home? Remove them! Myotxins are a major source of carcinogens!
3. Exercise: Help build your immune system. You don’t have to overdo it. Make a conscious effort to get 30-45 minutes a day. Go and break a sweat! Hot yoga, jogging, walking, tennis… find an exercise you love and stay consistent.
4. Emotional Wellbeing: Spiritually & Mentally engage yourself by volunteering or doing something that inspires you!
5. Take your vitamins! Vitamin D3 2,000 units daily – I say a good rule of thumb, 2000 units daily during sunny, outdoor months and 5,000 units daily during winter, indoor months.
Read story in Mens Health here: http://www.menshealth.com/health/stay-cancer-free
Purchase your copy of Dr. McKee’s book, After Cancer Care: A Definitive Self-Care Guide to Getting and Staying Well for Patients after Cancer.